Posted on July 15, 2019
Second graders should be doing homework for 20-30 minutes. Please work with your child every night, practice math drills and listen to your child read at home everyday to build your child’s knowledge and skills in reading. Sitting with your child will keep you informed about what your child is learning and it will help you be the first to know if your child needs help.
- Please cover all workbooks with clear contact paper.
- Please check homework folders and homework notebook every day.
- Thanksgiving Lunch on Tuesday November 26th
November 19, 2019
1. Math test on Monday November 25th- Please study review sheets and math pgs. 34-42
2. Science test on Tuesday November 26th (The Earth) study notebook and study sheet in homework folder
3. Reading practice book pgs. 63,64,65
4. social studies project (Compare and Contrast Thanksgiving Then and Now) due on Monday November 25th – please look in homework folder for details
**** Material needed for in class volcano project****
. Crayola modeling clay
. small empty water bottle 8oz
. small aluminum tray
All material due by Monday November 18th
Below you will find a list of supplies that your child will need for Second Grade.
- 8 hard cover composition notebooks
- 2 durable two-pocket folders (labeled homework & classwork)
- 1 package of colored construction paper
- 3 sharpened pencils everyday
- 2 Elmer glue sticks
- 1 pencil case
- 2 extra erasers
- 1 box of washable Crayola markers
- 1 box of Crayola Crayons/or colored pencils
- 1 ruler
- 1 pair of safety scissors
- 1 package of loose leaf (wide ruled)
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 bottle of Clorox wipes/or Lysol disinfecting wipes
- 5 gallon size zip lock bags (labeled with child’s name)
- 2 photos of your child (one very small and one regular size photo for their lockers)
Please supply a small container for your child’s supplies (crayons, markers, scissors and glue stick)
Please label each notebook and folder with child’s first and last name
The notebooks can be labeled as follows: Reading, Spelling, Social Studies, Science, Writing Journal, Reading Logs, Math Journal, Homework
Posted on June 1, 2019
A disciple is a follower, one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another. The disciple of the month is a student who emulates and demonstrates the character of Jesus Christ.
Congratulations to our Disciple of the Month,